Friday, June 12, 2009

Ring finished, Pendant Attempted

So, since you liked the top so much, I thought I'd do a better close up of that. The ring is finally finished. The top part of the ring needed to be re-enforced, and I actually like it better this way. It's got more of a woven look and less of a "birds nest" look. Not that there's anything wrong with a "birds nest" look, I just really wanted it to look a lot more intricate and a little less commercial.
Another view . . .
See? It looks a lot more woven now on the top.
I got so involved in the ring that when I was done fixing it I got inspired to make something else. After making all those woven earrings for that client at work I wanted to make something similar but on a smaller scale. This is what I came up with . . . (a few views of it of course :)Labradorite, blue topaz, blue tourmaline and white sapphire in sterling and fine silver.Shown with a dime for comparison . . . I like how compact it is :)
I needed to include the artsy shot because how awesome does that labradorite (dead center) look? It's hard to capture the rainbow ;). Insert your joke here.

So here's that new bowl I told you about . . . for some reason the picture won't flip the other way (the way I intended it to). Anyway, I LOVE this bowl. It's perfectly sized for my future projects or color combos that I may want to put together. The sections have high, smooth walls so it catches all those run away beads before they disappear into the carpet.
Well, that's about it for now. I'm going to go make dinner and watch the last two True Blood episodes . . .

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment