Thursday, August 13, 2009

Franklin Park Conservatory

On Monday (I think, I haven't made a post in quite a while) Monte and I went to the Franklin Park Conservatory to see the Dale Chihuly art glass exhibit. We watched a phenomenal PBS special on this guy when Monte was still in San Diego, and we were both mesmerized by his work. To check it out further click here. Each glass sculpture was featured in a different section of the conservatory's climate themed gardens. These are a few of my favorite pieces (and it was so hard to choose!) This one was in the tropical rain forest area, complete with lots of butterflies and 200% humidity.


This one was on one of the enclosed rooftop gardens. The glass balls are pretty large, I estimate that the large ball in the back had a diameter of 3 feet!


This one was also in the tropical rain forest area. You can't really tell here but it's surrounded by giant Koi.

This was the ceiling in a cave in the Himalayan section. They are all carefully piled on top of a thick glass pane . . . I actually laid down on the ground in front of the cave waterfall to get this shot :). The lengths I go for a pretty picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment